Some people get into health and fitness to look great, feel great, to perform better in sports or everyday life, or to perform for their job such as high fashion modeling and fitness modeling. Below are some of the top reasons why you should stay healthy and fit, it’s more than just going to the gym, it’s a lifestyle change, find out how your life can be transformed.
1. To Feel Youthful and Energetic every day. Want to enjoy life to it's fullest like when you were young? Now you have to exercise eat healthy and sleep well to feel the way you did.
2. To Feel Good about Yourself. Your self confidence and self esteem will improve when your physical and mental health improve.
3. To Rid of Diseases and Health Problems. Pay less for medical expenses and avoid getting injuries in your early and senior life.
4. To Live a Painless Life. Strength training keeps your bones strong warding off osteoporosis. Being active and maintaining an exercise regimen keeps your body strong, lowering your risk of injuries to your joints and chronic pain as you age
5. Perk Up your Sex Life. By feeling better about your body you'll enhance your sex life, check out my article on Sexual Health (Aug 15th).
6. World Travel. I have lived and travelled in many parts of the world, all with extreme opposites from Germany, to Turks & Caicos to Canada. Being mobile and healthy makes it a lot easier to fly, walk, get on and off trains and deal with some of the small inconveniences that go along with travelling. But it'll be all worth it once you've seen the places around the world.
7. Decrease Your Medical Bills. Chances are, the healthier you are the less likely you will have to go to the Doctor's office, even for the minor things. This also means you'll be less medical bills
8. To Dance all Night Long. I know a man in his late 70s who was dancing the night away at a friend's wedding and actually outlasted me, never-the-less he was dancing with all the lovely ladies of the night. By staying active you stay young
9. To Do Things You Love. Age should never be an excuse or stop us from doing the things we love. Taking care of ourselves allows us to continue the activities that we enjoy and that keep us Forever Young!
10. To Play along with the Youngsters. When it's time for you to have children and grandchildren you still want to be able to play with them without throwing your back.
11. Natural Prevention. If we take care of our bodies, we'll never need to resort to quick fixes that are unhealthy, costly or dangerous, to make us better. Staying healthy is the best form of prevention in the process of aging.
Written by Mario Rigby